Welcome to G20! --- From Vice Chair Brendan Wu


Hellooo!

My name is Brendan Wu and I will be serving as one of your Vice Chairs for the G20 this year! I am a freshman Regents' Scholar from the bay area double majoring in Business Administration and Molecular/Cell Biology. This will be my 7th year in MUN, after competing at multiple conferences across the world. I look forward to hearing all of your novel ideas during our conference.

At Berkeley, I am the Policy Director for Senator Greenwald in the Associated Students of the University of California, a Student Advisor to the Vice Chancellor, a member of the parliamentary debate team, and campaign/finance manager of Student Action. In my work with these organizations I have affected legislation regarding emergency preparedness and food security, travelled, and worked with lots of data. I am also the founder of my nonprofit: WeCanHearYou.org, where since 2013, I have taught underrepresented students leadership and public speaking skills. I am fortunate enough to have gained the support of businesses such as The Economist magazine.

I love to play golf, produce rap music, play the ukulele, and watch movies in my spare time. Who knows, maybe I'll bring my ukulele to conference :) Feel free to come up to me if you share some of these hobbies, or if you would like to ask me any questions about BMUN and my time at Berkeley so far.

I am super excited to meet all of you. BMUN is all about learning from each other, but it is also a chance for you to display your knowledge to your chairs. I am sure that BMUN will be a conference to remember. If you have questions, you can email me at: bwu@bmun.org


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to write a position paper?

Welcome to G20! — From Head Chair Sabina!

Challenges in Soil Management